Retreats & Events
Mindfulness and Meditation Retreats
Why make the effort to go on a meditation retreat? The joy of it all!
Meditation in the Forest offers a meaningful holiday that has the possibility of being transformative!
Your days will include:
- The delight of being in a meditative environment free of external distractions. The Upper Yarra Valley is renowned for its natural beauty and inherent peace; The Living Centre has been a place for meditation for many decades. You can feel it; and relax into it…
- A short teaching from Ian – combining the best of timeless wisdom with modern science.
- Meditation sessions guided by Ian, Ruth and Melissa, along with optional, gentle yoga sessions led by Melissa.
- Wonderful plant-based meals; simple yet delicious; highly supportive of the meditation.
- Being amidst like-minded company. Some come on retreat preferring silence, but many delight in meaningful conversations with the diverse groups that inevitably gather for these retreats.
- Good time for discussion, questions and answers. If you have nagging questions around your meditation, or the philosophy that wraps around it, be sure to bring them along…
Mindfulness and Meditation Teacher Training
Drs Ruth and Ian Gawler have regularly presented mindfulness and meditation teacher training programs over many years. Many who have learnt through them have gone on to become major teachers in their own right, while many others have developed the skills required to register with Meditation Australia and go on to teach within their communities or workplaces on a part time basis.
In 2024, there will be 2 five day residential Modules of Meditation Teacher Training presented at The Yarra Valley Living Centre. Both modules are highly interactive. You will be encouraged to enquire, to experiment and to determine what style of meditation, and what content will suit you and those you serve the best.
Having said that, each module comes with an extensive manual, so you will go home with complete session plans and guided meditations to cover an 8 week course. You can use these guidelines directly, or use them as a basis from which to develop your own program.
Both modules have been developed for those new to teaching meditation, and for those more experienced teachers seeking to broaden and deepen their skills. Ideally you are recommended to attend both, but each training stands in its own right; you can attend just one or the other.
Both Meditation Teacher Training modules are approved by Meditation Australia.
Meditation Teacher Training
Guest Speaking & Seminars
Request Ian to speak at your conference, workshop, seminar or event
Ian and Ruth Gawler have played a major part in popularising meditation, Mind-Body Medicine and other self-help techniques in the Western World. Ian does most of the public speaking, while Ian and Ruth combine to present their retreats and trainings. A compelling and meaningful speaker, Ian Gawler has presented at many major conferences around the world.
If you are interested to have Dr. Ian Gawler present at an event, or if you are interested in supporting or volunteering help with organising a mindfulness retreat, a meditation retreat, or a public event in your area, please contact us by email or call +61 (0)417 869 938 (9-5pm AEST Mon-Friday)
I thought meditation… and all that stuff… was something I just didn’t do… but now I find it has been such a help to me, in my mind and in my body.
This from a Life & Living Cancer Retreat participant.